I want these -- soon

I've been a worker for a year now, but the only thing that I have bought is my chic white camera, GE x5. It's cheaper than most cameras, but it looks super cool that many thinks it sells for more than Php20,000. It's what I'm holding. It is a bridge camera, functions like a digital camera, but looks like a mini-DSLR.



Now, I'm cc-less because I still have "responsibilities". Anyway, I'm allowing the material girl in me to come out tonight. Let me count the gadgets that I want to buy. :}

Decent Phone. {Samsung Galaxy Ace}



I'm not really particular about the specs, but all I want is a cellphone that is/can:
  • sleek-looking. slim. white. (i love white gadgets.) wide screen.
  • can play some music.
  • take quality pictures. I'd like to blog them. Sometimes, it's bulky to take out my GE x5.
  • business-ready. So, I can type my thoughts whenever inspiration hit me -- anytime, anywhere.
  • threaded view of SMS
  • WiFi ready. I'd like to update my online stuff when I'm on the go.
  • E-book reader. So that I can put my currently reading ebook copy in my phone
  • Fast booting time
  • Price: Php 13,500
  • More details here

Better Camera. DSLR-ish. {Sony Nex-3 or Nex-5}


Of course, I do love Adalie (my GE-x5), but it doesn't take quality pictures during nighttime. I am well aware of this before buying her. But I still bought her because some sample shots are great. And the camera takes good nature photos. They take great photos outdoors and places with great lighting to start with. But editing them (i.e., giving them a color boost through Picnik.com) makes the captured picture look great. 

However, I want quality pictures for my blog. :) I want to start a photoblog. And I don't want to use a DSLR because: (1)It is bulky and (2)Everyone's using it. And I came up with the next great (new!) option: Sony Nex-3 or Nex-5. Thanks to my housemate, P, who just came back from Wilmington. He has a brother version of Sony Nex-3 and it takes great photos. And it's only Php8,000 when bought outside the country. He said the Sony Nex-3, more or less, will cost Php30,000 plus here in the Philippines.

So, why do I dig it?
  • Small and handy
  • Interchangeable lenses
  • Based on reviews, Sony has used its electronics expertise along with its DSLR knowledge to build a camera that has an advantage over DSLRs. And when I looked at sample pictures, I was like "I want to have one!!!!"
  • Have I mentioned this camera takes DSLR-ish photos? Take a look: Exhibit A. Exhibit B
  • They have a white option and it looks nice. It was built for me. :D Yay! 
The exhibit links above are reviews, so you can take a look at them for more details. Here's another review comparing the Sony Nex-3 and Nex-5. I am in love.

And I want an ebook reader. :) 





Popular posts from this blog

The Magic of Falling in Love with A Reader

In Case of Housemate Disputes, Smile

Weekly Wishes { Week 4 | May 2014 }