Gale for Katniss, Please {The Hunger Games}

I didn't stop until I'm through with it. I am talking about The Hunger Games. I finally read it. In one sitting! Imagine. Pdf Reader. I have been hooked. Really. I had no plans of finishing it at once, but I cant help but turn scroll to the next page.

It's addicting. Thank you to J! Lifesaver. You spared me from a day of boredom.

I wish I was more like Katniss. Brave. Witty. Detached, in some ways. Can play the game. Can be compassionate to the right people. Doesn't rely on somebody. Charming to the people. Can be a tease. A savior. Spontaneous, you'll never know what she can do, how she can charm, how she can outwit.

Gale for Katniss. Why is everybody so in love with Peeta? I really don't get it. No matter how tough a girl is, it should always be the guy who shall save her from most scary things. And not the other way around.

And look at this.

via
Weren't they born for each other? You need somebody who can keep your back safe. Someone who thinks and says that he wants to go live in the woods with you. Somebody who can take care of your family when you can't do that yourself. Somebody who will not question your decisions of going away, but would stay forever for you to come back. Somebody who would put up with you for whatever stunt you have pulled when he can't be there for you. Somebody like... Gale. (And I am in love. Bow.)

I guess the Capitol is like Fashion Week everyday. Bold colors. Outlandish outfits. Humongous hats. Oooh I can't wait to watch the movie this Sunday! :)

Right after I've browsed The Hunger Games' Official Illustrated Movie Companion, the tension builds up inside me. I need to watch the movie! It should be perfect. I should have some sour cream popcorn with me. Hah. 

Suzanne Collins is a favorite already. I like the simple, fluid way of writing. It's almost as if I am listening to her storytell. What made the novel special are the character's deeply rooted emotions, the touch of exquisiteness, darkness and modernity of the Capitol environment, and many other things. I like how there is an explanation to what, why, when things happen, unlike other fiction stories.

And of course, my favorite quotes from The Hunger Games. =) 
She has no idea. The effect she can have. 
For some reason, Gale and Peeta do not co-exist well together in my thoughts.
Sometimes when things are particularly bad, my brain will give me a happy dream. 
I'm sure they didn't notice anything but you. You should wear flames more often. They suit you.  
And there I am, blushing and confused, made beautiful by Cinna's hands, desirable by Peeta's confession, tragic by circumstance, and by all accounts, unforgettable.

via

And, I'll start with Catching Fire. In Kindle. This is the life! <3

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Popular posts from this blog

The Magic of Falling in Love with A Reader

In Case of Housemate Disputes, Smile

Weekly Wishes { Week 4 | May 2014 }