Manang's Chicken: New Pinoy Food Chain

One lazy afternoon, the G Team decided to check out Ayala Malls' The District. It is a newly opened mall in Imus, Cavite, just some jeepney ride away from home. I wanted to try J. Co donuts for the longest time and thinking that the branch in The District is now available, we went there though it was already a bit late.


After knowing that J.Co is not opened yet, we weakly stomped our way through the alleys. Only a few stores were operating. Few clothing lines and few restaurants. Then, this bright tangerine store caught our attention -- Manang's Chicken. I saw a posting in SM Dasmariñas saying that Manang's Chicken will open there soon too. So, to satisfy our curiosity, we tried it out.

THE INTERIOR



Upon the Manang's Chicken's wall was the story of how the store came to be. It turns out that "Manang" is the cook of a family. Manang used to cook her special soy fried chicken everytime the family requested for some. The family can't resist to share the tastiest chicken that they have on their dining table that they decided to sell out chicken on their local restos. Ang bang, Manang's Chicken was a hit.


The room is filled with orange and red room aesthetics, just perfect for an empty tummy. Don't you know that red and orange are the very colors that are stimulating to the appetite. No wonder if I see cheese powder on sweet corn and smell its aroma, I couldn't resist going near it and handing my coins for some.

THE FOOD

Manang's Chips & Dip | Php 39.00

Potatoes! I love them. I love them in every form except in salad. I just have to order chips everywhere I go. Love the crunch I heard when the first piece was shattered by my incisors. The twist of flavors care of the garlic dip was heaven. Sour creams are my fave too.

Chicken Wings | Php 143.00

And of course, we have to order the house specialty -- fried chicken with soy and sesame seeds. Just like Korean chicken. The skin was perfect and the soy penetrated the chicken's white meat so there was no boredom in my bites.

THE DRINKS


Just plain coke for our drinks. Feel that retro vibe? Through this cup, I feel as if I am dining in a hole-in-the-wall food place. As they have claimed it, Manang's Chicken, Ang Bagong Fried Chicken ng Pinoy.



Interiors and lights. I'm a sucker for lights, in case you didn't know.


We're supposed to cap the meal with dessert, but we opt not to. Calories. Urgh. It was the Love Month, but we were KJ like that that night. ;P


I'd definitely eat here again. The meal is well within your budget.


Manang's Chicken
Ayala Malls
Imus, Cavite

Popular posts from this blog

The Magic of Falling in Love with A Reader

In Case of Housemate Disputes, Smile

Weekly Wishes { Week 4 | May 2014 }