Millennial Hipster On the Rise


Awkward Post Intro

Are you a Millennial Hipster on the rise? Yeah, me, I guess so I am. Have to do this post before I go cray cray because a bunch of things were swarming my brain and heart at the same time. Those things are my current passions, which you might be sick and tired of hearing by now, but still, I am gonna enumerate them: writing, lettering, dreaming of making serious money out of my passions and encouraging others to give in to their passions. :) *Ching. 

What is a Millennial Hipster by the way?

Let's take it piece by piece, shall we?

Millennial (n.)  
Special little snowflake. Born between 1982 and 1994 this generation is something special, cause Mom and Dad and their 5th grade teacher Mrs. Winotsky told them so. Plus they have a whole shelf of participation trophies sitting at home so it has to be true.

Hipster (n.)
Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter.

Source: Urban Dictionary 
Put them together, you got me. *wink



The Millennial Hipster (on the rise) Checklist

So, here is a checklist. See for yourself if you are a Millenial Hipster like moi. Hey, this is my blog, so I can always make up terms and I can always make my own principles. If you happen to drop by this post, then, feel free to agree or disagree with me. 

+ They spend a portion of their time in Pinterest. It perks them up. It becomes one of their lists. 
+ They keep a lot of ticklers and notebooks where they list down their dream things. And strike most because they are go-getters.
+ They like combat boots with floral print on the inside because foldable ankle booties rock.
+ They are overeducated and yet want to do minimal technical thinking on their job. They have high IQs, but they prefer to use their right brain more. 
+ They usually get no reaction from other normal people when they talk about well, their interests.
+ They have a good literary background and have visited the hometown or two of their favorite writers.
+ They are never bored alone. They sometimes are with other people. 
+ They don't want to be one of those girls who get to receive chocolates and roses on Valentine's Day. You need a whole lot wittier act to impress them. 
+ They're not sappy. They just want to get the non-romantic approach for romantic moves. 
+ They like indie songs. 
+ They value originality. 
+ They appear to be peachy, but they make the real-est sense in the world. 
+ They are conscious about their finances. They know how to make money work for them. 
+ They don't believe in courtship. 
+ They pursue their passion
+ They loveeeee words.
+ They have a way with things. Place them in a foreign country and they'll pick up a tour bus discount just talking to the bus driver. 
+ They can be utterly talkative, depending on the person they're interacting with. They can appear boring as they wish.
+ They like washed out photos.

This list is certainly short, but I think you get it. 

LIFE UPDATE: I am living the life here in Limerick, Ireland and I've got loads to tell you, but that's when I don't get to write -- when I got loads to tell you because I am too busy to write or too lazy at that. ;) We've been to Dublin last week and some of the items in the list actually happened there. And... all describe me. Hah. As usual, this blog highlight is always on me. :) 

Thanks for reading. Kthanksbye!

I should blog about my travel and life here sooooon! Promise. With pictures. :)


Popular posts from this blog

The Magic of Falling in Love with A Reader

In Case of Housemate Disputes, Smile

Weekly Wishes { Week 4 | May 2014 }