The Magic of Falling in Love with A Reader

So, I was torn between doing my critical article review for my Economics class, working online and blogging earlier. School assignment triumphed, blogging won the second place. Side hustling is for later. Congralute me, loves?


But before that, this sneaky article entitled, 

Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With

caught my attention and while reading, I can't help but feel kilig for my boyfriend because he got a reader as a girlfriend. Haha.

See, I like reading. I love reading way back in elementary. Dad got me a basket-full of books when he goes home (from working over the sea). The only thing that I have regretted is reading Sweet Valley Kids because it has poisoned my mind in finding true love and first kisses when I was just ten or eleven freaking years old.

When I have kids, love story books should be out of their shelves. Real novels only, soon-to-be-babies.

I am not claiming that I am this notorious reader, but I have read a little bit of classic (The Great Gatsby) and a portion of the contemporaries (TFIOS). My time now is torn between novels (Currently reading Paperback Bookseller?? omg I forgot the title! The story is about a writer who can't get his inheraitance unless he writes a bestseller. The lead is a psycho daydreamer-writer who intertwines reality with his imagination. I like him.) Where am I again? Oh right. I am torn between reading novels and business-related technical articles. I like wandering as a different person through books. And I wish to be a stock market analyst all for the benefit of myself. (And whoever wants to believe in me.) So, I read a variety of materials.

Anyway, back to the article which tickled my heart. :) Seriously, the article is a treasure. I love how Lauren has crafted her words, depicting how readers think and how readers look at reality a little bit differently from non-readers. So, Ima share the lines that I find cunningly cute it could hit the melt-my-heart-and-make-me-smile scale. Here they are:

The worst part about this looming extinction is that readers are proven to be nicer and smarter than the average human, and maybe the only people worth falling in love with on this shallow hell on earth.

They can entertain other ideas, without rejecting them and still retain their own.

They have access to hundreds of souls, and the collected wisdom of all them.

If you’re still looking for someone to complete you, to fill the void of your singly-healed heart, look for the 
breed that’s dying out. You will find them in coffee shops, parks and subways.

They are verbose, but not in the obnoxious way.

Do yourself a favor and date someone who really knows how to use their tongue.

There’s something irresistible about someone you can learn from. The need for banter and witty conversation is more imperative than you may believe, and falling in love with a reader will enhance not just the 
conversation, but the level of it.

Finding someone who reads is like dating a thousand souls.

It’s like dating a professor, a romantic and an explorer.

If you date someone who reads, then you, too, will live a thousand different lives.


So, those are my favorite lines. Did you like them as much as I did? *Me, bantering*

Anyway, I remembered the other day when J and I were waiting for our food in our favorite sosyal karinderya, almost a resto. We arrived with me carrying a book and him carrying his iPad. I was in deep reading when I caught a glimpse of his serious face. I looked to check whatever he was up to. Oh, it was Game of Thrones. Book 1. Which he started reading like a year ago. Still unfinished. Haha. I find it cute that he also want to read because I like to read, but he can't just muster to finish one cover-to-cover.

Buttt, don't mistake me. He loves reading too. In fact, he can read all day. Well, he can read all the articles Bleacher Report releases in a day. He likes digging out old sports articles on Yahoo!Sports and analyze whatever it is that sports people analyze.

He may not be the novel-reader type, but he's still the best person for me to fall in love with. =)

Blame the article for the last line.


Connect with the writer

Popular posts from this blog

In Case of Housemate Disputes, Smile

Weekly Wishes { Week 4 | May 2014 }