Soundtrack: Somewhere Between...

First and foremost, I'd like to hop around because the number of Love is a Mutt followers just hit 100! Love you, guys. :)) Reading me or not, I still want to say thanks. But, I'll be happier if you do read my thoughts. :))

via

Anyway, for the past days, my Samsung headphones have been stuck on my ears everytime I open my laptop. I suddenly can tremendously relate to music. And I even do google the lyrics and sing alone. Ahaha. You must not hear me sing. My roommate casually mentioned that he has been hearing thin voices late at night. He thought it was a ghost. But nah, it's just me and my silly, out-of-tune voice. I really wish I could sing well, but I can't have everything. And the one song that my voice range can carry is Hilary Duff's So Yesterday. Haha.

I have been influenced by a friend. I now play n number of songs in my playlist and that is enough for the whole day, or week. And that n should not be over 20. So, the songs play for a couple of times in one day. Anyhow, here are my current tracks.

You and I
by Lady Gaga

Favorite Line(s): Something, something about the chase, six whole years

You and I speaks about love the second time around. And they got back together and they're ready to settle because they just feel that it's time. See this wedding invitation, which kinda illustrates this story.



Red High Heels 
 by Kellie Pickler

Favorite Line: Well, you thought I'd wait around forever but baby get real

The lyrics, in my opinion, signifies that the girl is still in the denial, I'll-make-him-see-what-he's-missing stage. Though this moving on song is kind of bitter, I like the melody and Kellie's voice. 


Best Days of Your Life
by Kellie Pickler 

Favorite Line(s): Life with me was a fairytale love, I was head over heels till you threw away us;
But I've been told that a cheater is always a cheater, So I've got my pride and she's got you

Love the lyrics! And the swagger. Again, the tempo is lively and Kellie's voice is just so powerful on most parts of the song. The subtle parts -- I love 'em too.



The One That Got Away
by Lady Gaga

Favorite Line(s): Never plan that one day I'd be losing you;
And in another life I would be your girl;
Sometimes when I miss you, I put those records on;
It's time to face the music, I'm longer your muse;


Speaks about, pardon me, this is going to be cheesy, *cough*, That One Great Love. You know, the person you always think of even though you have somebody new or if you are already married or if you already have kids. Just like Eddie Garcia to Gloria Romero in an MMK episode a couple of weeks ago.



Carousel
by Vanessa Carlton


Favorite Line(s): For all you broken hearted lost, go find another one

This one has a dreamy appeal to it. Prolly because of the way the high piano notes were entangled to each other and Carlton's whisper-like voice. The Alice in Wonderland reference (white rabbit run) definitely added to that aura. 

Nice songs, eh? :} I know there's a common message behind all those songs. It's somewhere between ______ and ______. Feel free to fill in those blanks. Ehe. But don't bother/worry/make an issue out of it. Those songs make me happy.

Toodles! One am, and Ima sleep.

Popular posts from this blog

The Magic of Falling in Love with A Reader

In Case of Housemate Disputes, Smile

Weekly Wishes { Week 4 | May 2014 }