The Learning Never Stops

Power corrupts. Knowledge is power. Study hard. Be evil.
- Anonymous

This might have been my motto years ago. Then, I was uptight. A semi-perfectionist. Serious. Determined. Hardworking. I strive for excellence in whatever I do. And, I guess I have achieved only a quarter of what I was desiring for. There lived a slacker in me, but it was hibernating. For the past years though, it was activated and is on the loose. Tonight, the logical me surfaces beneath my skin. 


Seems like I'm having a bad case of Benjamin Button's disease, only the anti-ageing is not physical; it's pertaining to I'm-young-and-I-want-to-have-a-carefree-and-happy-lifestyle attitude. 

However, today sparked my learning felicity. Yes, I am into technical learning once again. I kind of missed school, but that doesn't mean that I want to have a Masteral Degree. Well, that's the case right now. Maybe I'll change my mind tomorrow. 

See, I have signed up with MIT's free electronic course months ago. The course, which aims to "shatter barriers to education", is a project known as MITx. Whoever finishes the course successfully will have a certificate from MIT! How cool is that?! This is the part where the sun shines on the earth. On the blacker side lies me doing nothing for the past eight weeks. The Midterm Exam is already up, and I am not even halfway through Week One yet. I should finish it by the end of this month. Can I even do it? I wish. I pray. =)

Next up, my work. I kind of enjoyed my work today minus the distractions. I have seen a light in my path again. And I haven't felt like that in a long while. And I am doing some extra project aside from my major project, so I have variations. Multitasking is bliss. I like ticking off lists, remember? 

Still have something with regards to learning. In my Life List, I have mentioned finishing the online courses that I have enrolled in. I am pursuing my passions through online learning and hopefully, I can get online certificates for those course from Alison. They have lots of free courses! Among those, I have enrolled myself in Social Media Marketing, Web Business Development and Marketing and English Language and Literature. I've started with the program almost a year ago, and sadly, I haven't finished a single course yet. They have lots of other free courses like Adobe Photoshop, Personal Development & Soft Skills, IT Skills and more. You might want some of their free courses, too!

Never stop learning. There are just so many things to do; it makes my heart swell. I guess that is a good sign that I am living indeed and that I do appreciate and enjoy God's creations. I'll make sure to use my learning all for His glory. 

When wisdom enters into your heart and knowledge itself becomes pleasant to your very soul, thinking ability itself will keep guard over you, discernment itself will safeguard you,
- Proverbs 2:10, 11

Tonight, I thirst for knowledge as I thirst for His love. 


Popular posts from this blog

The Magic of Falling in Love with A Reader

In Case of Housemate Disputes, Smile

Weekly Wishes { Week 4 | May 2014 }